Sauk City Athletic Field has a long tradition rooted in community charity, community events, and community baseball. The original gift to the village was made in 1934 by Charles and Bertha Steidtmann, when they sold some of their farmland to the village of Sauk City for $1. In 1975, it became known as Jaycee Park.
The park is tied to historic moments as well. In 1936 it became the first site in Wisconsin to have a lighted field. Today it is home to Sauk Prairie High School baseball, Babe Ruth teams, and the Sauk Prairie Twins.
In July 2014, the ballpark was renamed Chuck Hall Memorial Field in honor of Chuck Hall and his family. For more information on the great history of this ballpark, please see news link on the right hand side of the page.